COVID-19 is a highly transmissible disease which spreads through respiratory droplets produced during coughing, sneezing of the infected person including a vast majority of asymptomatic people. The droplets may contaminate surfaces and thus utmost care must be taken to ensure a safe learning environment.
Symptoms of COVID–19 include:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty in breathing
Severity of the virus can lead to pneumonia and acute respiratory syndrome leading to fatality.
To prevent against the risk of coronavirus, precautions must be taken at the personal as well as institutional level.
Maintaining Personal Hygiene
- Hand washing must be encouraged frequently.
- Use of hand sanitizers must be made at all times.
- Proper wearing of masks shall be ensured by every individual.
- Refrain from sharing surfaces between people.
- Maintain inter personal social distance at all times.
- If an individual shows any symptoms, he/she must report it to the school staff immediately.
Institutional Practices against COVID-19
- Measures for proper disinfection are maintained throughout campuses, these include:
- Disinfectant tunnels
- Provision of hand sanitizers to students
- Regular disinfection of class rooms and school space
- Temperature recording of every individual at entrance
- Ensuring safe mobility of students in campus through sign postings for maintaining social distance.
- Measures to reduce class room capacity also in place.