Jauharabad is district headquarters of Khushab District. Jouharabad was developed in 1953 under a master plan and was originally designated to be the new federal capital of Pakistan until the site of Islamabad was chosen to replace it in 1958. Jouharabad is named after the name of Moulana Muhammad Ali Jouhar, a prominent figure of the independence movement. It is located at the confluence of Thal and the Pothohar Plateau south of salt range marking the end of Pothohar Plateau and the beginning of plains of the Punjab. River Jheum flows on the southwest of Jauharabad. Khushab nuclear complex which houses Pakistan's Principal Plutonium processing and heavy water production facilities is on its south. The PAF Base Sakesar is located on the north east of Jouharabad at a distance of 42 km. The economy of Jouharabad is mainly based on agriculture and the main crops are wheat, Sugarcane and Chick-peas. The prominent industrial units are Kohinoor Sugar Mills, Sally Textile Mills and Pioneer cement Unit.
The non availability of an institution imparting quality education in the disciplines of Commerce and Science was a big concern of the ambitious students and their motivated parents in Jauharabad. Consequently, the management of the Punjab Colleges established a college in a purpose-built campus. It is located on Mianwali Road and its approach is convenient not only for students coming from different parts of the city but also for those coming from the adjoining villages. All class rooms are air-conditioned. Our Biology, Chemistry, Physic and Computer laboratories are adequately equipped. In order to encourage knowledge based learning, teaching in Mathematics and different disciplines of Science is supported by content based three dimensional animations. The college faculty is highly qualified, experienced and devoted for imparting quality education to younger generation. The college is affiliated with the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Sargodha.